Boosh Food (CANADA: VEGI) hit the market this month, and there are myriad reasons we like this company:
- It cozies into a unique niche within the continuously growing plant-based food market
- They make it incredibly easy to start eating plant-based, as their meals are ready in minutes
- They provide a quick and efficient way for vegans to enjoy long-standing comfort food classics that they may not had a chance to try in years
- Share float is incredibly conservative; 15.8m shares outstanding, inside ownership approx. 28%
- Boosh has already made major traction in Canada. The relationship with food broker Brandseed Marketing Inc. Alone has put Boosh in 225 new stores in the last 6 months, for a total of 375 stores
Brandseed provides a top-to-bottom distribution strategy that carries manufacturer clients through from start to finish. The main ingredients in their recipe for success include:
- Attending Key Account calls and meetings to offer expert assistance
- Reviewing presentations for brands
- Ensuring brand focus is maintained during Key Account Head Office calls
- Brand Consulting
- Acting as a liaison with the distributor
“Our Canadian food broker, Brandseed Marketing Inc., has done an outstanding job in Canada. In fact, approximately 225 of the 375 stores came online within the past six months, so our momentum is definitely building. Consequently, we believe our foundation is strong enough for us to begin exporting into the U.S., and then either buy or build our own manufacturing facility,” states Connie Marples, Founder and President of Boosh Food. Brandseed has a long-standing relationship with Thrive Natural Sales so we believe the synergy will help expedite our growth in the U.S., and the opportunity to introduce Boosh to as many of the 40,000 US grocery stores as possible.”
Boosh, Meet America
As Boosh established a strong initial foothold within Canada, their relationship with Brandseed proved to exceed expectations. Not only did Brandseed help grow the business of Boosh within Canada, but they also created a connection with Thrive Natural Sales in the United States.
Thrive doesn’t just take care of food brokerage. The premier food broker uses its vast network to help manage supply chain, aid in order fulfillment, and even scale national sales.
Thrive boasts a combined 150+ years of sales management, buyer, broker, and distributor experience. There are no categories out of their reach, as they have dealt with brands in grocery, health & beauty care (HBC), and specialty categories.
In a clean, net sales-based commission structure, Thrive is providing Boosh with the following services, including, but not limited, to:
- Overall go-to market strategy building and management of existing business
- Preparations for upcoming reviews. Visibility into 2021-2022 Category Review Calendar for all categories
- Trade planner and forecast creation for top level accounts across key channels
- Facilitation of promotional events “such as TPRs [temporary price reductions – a promotional strategy], demos, ads, scans, and display programs”
- Strategizing trade-spend scenarios, optimizing promotional plans and forecasting,
- Non-stop communication
- Third Party Retail Services
“We perform extensive due diligence prior to onboarding a new client. Boosh not only met our criteria, but exceeded it,” exclaims Craig Anderson, founder, Thrive Natural Sales. “We have a firm commitment to represent only top-of-class products and then provide a variety of solutions such as supply chain management, allowing our clients to maximize their potential. We strongly believe the components that make up Boosh, from their laser focus to details, to their seasoned management team and their corporate philosophy, provides the platform we need to expand Boosh nationwide.”
Read the full press release below:
Boosh Plant-Based Brands Inc. (CSE: VEGI) (“Boosh” or the “Company“) announces the commencement of its expansion into the United States (“US”). Boosh has retained the services of an award winning, nationally recognized premier food broker, Thrive Natural Sales (“Thrive”) as its US representative. In addition to providing food brokerage services, Thrive also provides an outsourced solution to national sales and supply chain management…
Disclaimer: Boosh Foods is an Edge Investments communications client, and we own shares in the company.